Monday, December 28, 2009

Replay

I read back my previous post and
I felt the same sort of pain in my chest.
My heart sort of ached.

I felt so sad, so frustrated,
so disappointed. I held back tears as I read on.

When I first had a look at my results slip,
I felt so dumbfounded, so numb. Then my heart began to thump.
I thought, WAS THAT A B?
So I ran to the corner and rechecked.
And I SAW on the very top of the slip,
BAHASA MELAYU B.

Right then, my thoughts change.
Ohmygod I got a B for my BM. I didn't get 8As.
I didn't get 8As. Both my sisters did. Ya Allah. They got 8As.
All of them. They were jumping and screaming and pouring happy tears.
And I didn't. Ohmygod how am I suppose to tell my family?

Then I started crying. I covered my face with my hands and cried.

My mum told me my second cousin's results.
6A 2B. Maybe she thought it would make me feel better?
But it didn't. It's not that I think my result was horrible or anything.
It was because i didn't get 8As. For THREE years,
I wanted nothing more then to see 8As on my PMR results slip.
And it's hard. Really hard.

My family, not just my parents and siblings
but also my aunts and uncles.
All of them expected me to score 8As.
They were the main reason I felt so sad about my results.
I felt like I've failed them.
BIG TIME.

I am grateful. I really am.
Just take the time to TRY to understand
how I feel okay?
Anyway, I'm fine now.
Talking to people and typing this out
helps me out a little.

And I know it's not the end of the world and all,
it's just. I don't know. No matter what people tell me,
I still feel sad. I appreciate the effort guys, really,
thanks a lot.
Friend like you guys aren't easy to find.
I'm so glad I have you guys as my friends.
Thank you :')

No comments: